“Parenting in Relationship with God”
Stephen Estock and Sue Jakes
This five part seminar is designed to explore how the gospel of God’s covenant love shapes the lives of parents. Though we often feel uncertain and helpless, Christian parents are never alone. The God who gave them these “little blessings” is present in every circumstance parents face. “Perfect parenting” is impossible because children and parents are imperfect. Yet, a perfect and gracious Heavenly Father works in the midst of covenant relationships to give hope, and strength, and blessing.
Friday, October 18, 2019
6:30 p.m. — 8:45 p.m.
- Session 1: Gospel-Centered Parenting = Understanding who our children are and what the gospel brings to each one of us as parents. (Psalm 127; John 15:4, 9; Matthew 18:6)
- Session 2: Parenting in the Covenant: Children and the Covenant of Grace = Passing on a way of life that is promised to the people of God. (Genesis 17:1-8; Luke 6:40)
Saturday, October 19, 2019
8:45 a.m. — Noon
- Session 3: Biblical Discipline: Give Me Grace! = Why and how are we instructed in God’s word to discipline our children. (Hebrews 12:3-11; Proverbs 3:11-12; John 15:1-2)
- Session 4: Deuteronomy 6: A Plan with a Promise = God’s plan made practical for everyday child-training. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Psalm 78:1-8; Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Session 5: Training Children and Families in Worship = Modeling true worship at home, church, and as you live. (Deuteronomy 31:9-13; Nehemiah 8:1-4a; Romans 12:1-2)
Cost is $10 per person. Childcare is available for $5 per child per day. Scholarships are available. Registration is required.