Click the "Register" link below to find out the next date Discover Grace is offered and to register to attend!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Discover Grace is for:
- Regular attenders of Grace who are thinking about joining the church
- Newcomers who would like to hear about the vision and mission of Grace and how to become involved
- Members of Grace who would like an update on the plans and programs of Grace
- Anyone else who would like to enjoy some food together, make new friends, and learn about Grace
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover Grace meets for four hours. We provide breakfast and lunch. We organize the class to provide teaching on the five membership declarations and promises (the vows one takes when joining the church):
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the Church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the Church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
In addition to clearly explaining the membership promises, we will take a tour of the building (explaining Grace’s ministries as we go) and share up-to-date information on our mission and outreach.
WHY SHOULD I GO?
Grace’s Session has recently approved the requiring of participation in the Discover Grace class for membership. Requiring this class will help to ensure new members are fully aware of what they are agreeing to when they join the church. It will also help new members to receive current information on how to connect and serve at Grace, and it will help them to receive answers to all their questions. It also gives us the chance to get to know our new members well. We believe this new requirement will enhance the value of membership at Grace as new members fully understand the vows they are undertaking. It will benefit both the church and the new member.
Even though the class is designed for newcomers and prospective members, we invite anyone to participate, even members who want to receive an update about what we believe and practice at Grace. A refresher course on the membership promises would benefit anyone.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
You can register at the link below. I also included a place on the form to indicate you want to attend but can’t make this class and would like to be informed of the next offering. Please let me know if you have any questions. Pastor Kerry and I and others would love to spend this time with you.