Peoria offers a wide range of care to meet the different of needs in our community. The following are a list of services that have benefitted the community for years. Grace in no way endorses any of these services, but believe they have provided appropriate help in time of crisis. If you'd like to speak with a pastor, please call our emergency line at (309) 589-6489.
- The Antioch Group: (309) 692-6622
- Christian Psychological Associates: (309) 692-7755
- Barnabas Center: (309) 688-9282
Center for the Prevention of Abuse Crisis Line: 1-800-559-SAFE (7233)
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
24-Hour Adult Protective Services Hotline: 1-866-800-1409
(To report suspected abuse, exploitation or neglect of an older person.)
Women's Pregnancy Center: (309) 688-0202 1825 N. Knoxville, Peoria
The Women's Pregnancy Center is a Christian, pro-life ministry existing for the purpose of presenting the love and gospel of Jesus Christ in word and deed. All of their services are free and confidential.
Emergency Response Services:(309) 671-8084
The Emergency Response Service (ERS) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is a police dispatched mobile crisis unit serving Peoria County, Illinois. They provide around the clock crisis intervention, assessment and referral services to law enforcement agencies, hospitals, social services, and the general public. This highly trained crisis interventionist team specializes in:
- Crisis theory for effective interactions
- Basic legal rights related to behavioral health, housing, and family issues
- How to access community resources
- Supportive counseling techniques for interventions
Non-Emergency Everyday Needs 211 Referral Service: Dial 2-1-1
2-1-1 information and referral service for the following counties in Illinois:
- The cities of Kewanee and Streator
2-1-1 is for times of non-emergency crisis as well as everyday needs. This number connects people with important community services such as:
- Basic Human Needs-food, shelter, rent and utlitiy assistance
- Physcial and Mental Health Resources-health insurance progams, Medicaid and Medicare, medical information lines, crisis intervention services
- Employment Supports-job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for Older Americans and Persons with Disabilities-adult day care, respite care, home health care, independent living programs
- Support for Children, Youth and Families-afterschool programs, family resource centers, mentoring, tutoring, protective services
The Dream Center: (309) 676-3000 714 Hamilton Boulevard, Peoria
- The shelter is the only emergency overnight shelter in the are for women and families. Participants are able for stay in our facility from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. Participants can take a shower, eat breakfast, receive referrals, and have an opportunity to meet with case managers.
- The Hope Store is a free clothing and household item store. It is open twice a month to the public and upon appointment for area resources. Everything in the store is donated and everything is given out for free.
Peoria Rescue Mission: (309) 676-6416 601 SW Adams, Peoria
- This is a homeless shelter for men only.
Salvation Army Food Pantry: (309) 682-8886 2903 W. Nebraska, Peoria
- The Food Pantry is open Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. for families and individuals in need. You must be a resident of Peoria County to receive assistance. Please bring a photo ID when you visit.
Central Illinois Agency on Aging, Inc.: (309) 674-2071 700 Hamilton Boulevard, Peoria
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) are local aging programs that provide information and services on a range of assistance for older adults and those who care for them. By contacting your local agency you get access to critical information including:
- Available services in your area
- Mobility assistance programs, meal plans, and housing
- Assistance in gaining access to services
- Individual counseling, support groups and caregiver training
- Respite care
- Supplemental services on a limited basis